Blue Seal Letters

Students who need to conduct research in libraries, archives, museums, or other such institutions may request letters of introduction, or "blue seal" letters, from either the director of graduate studies or the chair of their department or program. 

The letter should be printed on departmental letterhead and then signed by the chair or DGS.

In the event that an institution requires that the letter contain an official seal, please have your student bring the signed letter to the Office of Student Affairs in 107 Low Library; Student Affairs staff will then affix the GSAS seal to the letter.