Dissertations: February 8, 2021
- Yuan, Jiayao. Dynamic modeling and system ID of the respiratory system. Sponsor: Nicolas Chbat.
- Song, Ruobing. Spot-beam annealing of thin silicon films on silicon dioxide. Sponsor: James Im.
- Yuan, Jie. Beyond summary statistics: Extracting etiological insights from genome-wide association cohorts. Sponsor: David Knowles.
- Zareian, Alireza. Learning structured representations for understanding visual and multimedia data. Sponsor: Shih-Fu Chang.
Earth and Environmental Engineering
- Atia, Adam. Technical and economic modeling for sustainable desalination: Renewable-powered, adaptive reverse osmosis desalination with load flexibility and pathways to zero liquid discharge. Sponsor: Vasilis Fthenakis.
Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Boghosian, Alexandra. Ice shelf stability: New insights into rivers and estuaries using remote sensing and advanced visualization. Sponsor: Robin Bell.
- Tian, Xiaochuan. Structural and climatic effects of large-scale basaltic magmatism: Constraints and insights from geodynamic models. Sponsor: W. Buck.
- Weiner, Scott. Essays on development economics. Sponsors: Suresh Naidu and Eric Verhoogen.
- McLean, James. Multidimensional data processing for optical coherence tomography imaging. Sponsor: Christine Hendon.
English and Comparative Literature
- Glovinsky, Will. Unfeeling empire: The realist novel in imperial Britain. Sponsor: Nicholas Dames.
- Chen, Tianjian. On the interplay between mechanical and computational intelligence in robot hands. Sponsor: Matei Ciocarlie.
- Haas-Heger, Maximilian. Grasp stability analysis with passive reactions. Sponsor: Matei Ciocarlie.
- Zhang, Yun. The cryogenic infrastructure of the XENON1T dark matter experiment: From design to performance during the one ton-year WIMP search. Sponsor: Elena Aprile.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Thakoor, Kaveri. Robust and interpretable deep learning systems for detection of ophthalmic disease.
- Bernstein, Ryan. Semantic transformations of probabilistic programs.
- Hidayah, Rand. Modular exoskeleton architectures for assistance of functional rehabilitative movements.
- Shahmehri, Demetrius. Romanticism's children: Childhood and role-play from Schumann to Final Fantasy VII.
- Branscum, Olivia. Recovering matter's 'most noble attribute': Margaret Cavendish, Anne Conway, and neutral monist solutions to the mind-body problem.
- LaBelle, James. Democracy in redistricting and gerrymandering: A critical analysis.