Dissertations: January 24, 2022
January 24, 2022
- Aung, Geoffrey. Border/zone: infrastructure, politics, and postcolonial capitalism in Myanmar’s southern borderlands. Sponsor: Partha Chatterjee.
- Seitz, Evan. Analysis of conformational continuum and free-energy landscapes from manifold embedding of single-particle Cryo-EM ensembles of biomolecules. Sponsor: Joachim Frank.
Cellular, Molecular, and Biomedical Studies
- Akinade, Tolulope. Design and application of cationic nanocarriers to inhibit chemotherapy-induced breast cancer. Sponsor: Kam Leong.
- Lee, Yoo Jin. Single-cell analysis of alopecia areata. Sponsor: Angela Christiano.
- Zagelbaum, Jennifer. ARP2/3- and resection-coupled genome reorganization into repair domains facilitates chromosome translocations Author: Zagelbaum, Jennifer. Sponsor: Jean Gautier.
Earth and Environmental Engineering
- Tian, Yixi. Characterization, stabilization, and utilization of waste-to-energy residues in civil engineering applications. Sponsor: Athanasios Bourtsalas.
- Al-Chanati, Motaz. Essays on applications of dynamic models. Sponsors: Bernard Salanié and Miguel Urquiola.
- Mazzei, Umberto. Infelicities: Urban order and the production of knowledge. Sponsor: Elizabeth Leake.
Materials Science and Engineering
- Michelson, Aaron. The design of complex material aided by DNA nanotechnology. Sponsor: Oleg Gang.
- Lee, Changhwan. Photon avalanching in Tm3+:NaYF4 nanocrystals and its applications. Sponsor: Peter J. Schuck.
Microbiology, Immunology, and Infection
- Rao, Samhita Anand. Deconstructing T cell transcriptional heterogeneity and clonal dynamics in response to immune checkpoint blockade. Sponsor: Arnold Han.
- Samotin, Laura. The militarist trap: Linking militarism, (dis)integrated grand strategy, and military efficacy. Sponsor: Stephen Biddle.
- Krueger, Sydney. Toward a life-span model of emotion: How aging shapes our affective responses. Sponsor: Kevin Ochsner.
TC / Applied Behavior Analysis
- Garcia, Katherine. The strength of incidental bidirectional naming stimulus control across two languages: Differences among monolingual and dual language learners. Sponsor: R. Douglas Greer.
TC / Clinical Psychology
- Foo, Cheryl. Psychosocial risk and resilience model for burnout and psychological distress among humanitarian aid workers in Bangladesh: A mixed methods study. Sponsor: Helen Verdeli.
- Tezanos, Katherine. Tracking teen suicide risk: An ecological momentary assessment study. Sponsor: Christine Cha.
TC / Economics and Education
- Muroga, Atsuko. Three essays on the economics of early childhood education. Sponsor: Judith Scott-Clayton.
- Pippins, Theo. Essays on improving access to four-year colleges. Sponsor: Sarah Cohodes.
TC / Educational Policy
- Melvin, Samantha. Reconceptualizing quality in family child care: Unpacking provider perceptions of quality and their implications for alignment and engagement with quality rating and improvement systems. Sponsor: Sharon Kagan.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Ratté, Stephanie. Before the flood: Canal infrastructure and the politics of climate anticipation in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
Art History and Archaeology
- Bevin, Sarah. The curious case of the Sande women's society Bundu mask: Issues of departure, donation and display within European and North American public and private collections.
- Gokulu, Ipek. Modulating the activity of alcohol dehydrogenase D (AdhD) from Pyrococcus furiosus using DNA springs & tweezers.
- Tekell, Marshall. Self-assembly of nanoparticles in polymer electrolytes.
- Zhu, Hongkang. Physical mechanisms of tissue morphogensis during early embryo development.
Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- Katsidoniotaki, Maria. Uncertainty quantification techniques with diverse applications to stochastic dynamics of structural and nanomechanical systems and to modeling of physiological mechanisms.
- Robinson, Jumari. Thermo-mechanical properties and analysis of suspension bridge main cables.
- Shen, Mengyao. Two problems in uncertainty quantification in civil engineering and engineering mechanics.
- Lovisetto, Giovanni. People among gods, gods among people: Cults and sanctuaries in the landscape of Thessaly.
- Chen, Brian. Self-supervised video representation learning.
- Maia, Henrique. Harnessing simulated datasets with graphs.
French and Romance Philology
- Olivennes, Benjamin. Yves Bonnefoy and the art of his era: An anti-modern aesthetics?.
- Wang, Chao. Characterization of collagen cross-links for diagnosing early stages or osteoarthritis.
Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies
- Tazi Hemida, Doha. The problem of sovereignty in classical Islamic thought.
- DeForge, Christine. Exploring decisional conflict and symptoms experienced by bereaved ICU surrogates after a loved one's cardiac arrest.
- McCarthy, Bryn. In-group affect and the malleability of White racial identification.
- Simpson, David. Concepts of (de)centralization and institutional behavior.
- Goldring, Megan. Decomposing stress reactivity in daily life.
- Harmon, Chelsea. Influences on learning across three distinct development periods.