Skip to main content
Dissertations: March 23, 2020
- Lagos, Lorenzo. Three essays on firms and institutions in developing countries. Sponsor: Suresh Naidu.
Neurobiology and Behavior
- Batty, Eleanor. Nonlinear approaches for neural encoding and decoding. Sponsor: Liam Paninski.
- Vaadia, Rebecca. Development and function of proprioceptive and touch-sensing dendrite territories in Drosophila larvae. Sponsor: Wesley Grueber.
- Powers, Vladlena. Discrete optimization problems in popular matchings and scheduling. Sponsor: Yuri Faenza.
- Lee, Jin Hyung. Spike sorting for large scale multi-electrode array recordings in primate retina. Sponsor: Liam Paninski.
TC / English Education
- Esdaille, Elroy. The notion of song, identities, discourses, and power: Bridging songs with literary texts to enhance students' interpretative skills. Sponsor: Ruth Vinz.
TC / Philosophy and Education
- Buck, Brandon. White schools, white ignorance: Towards a racially responsive pedagogy. Sponsor: Megan Laverty.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Lee, Hwi. Applications of nonlocal models in studies of smoothed particle hydrodynamics-like meshless methods.
Art History and Archaeology
- Le Pouésard, Emma. Early Christian, Byzantine, and western medieval art.
- Kitaygorodsky, Alexander. Prediction of genetic effect of noncoding variants.
East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Choi, Hyoseak. Literature's children: Literary culture and the question of modern childhood in Japan 1870s to 1950s.
- Preston, Thomas. Post-teleological aesthetics and affect in German literature and film.
- Kleiser, Randal Grant. An empire of free ports: Trade, reform, and revolution in the Atlantic world, 1750-1781