Dissertations: March 9, 2020
March 02, 2020
- Lawry, Stephanie. A whole-genome sequencing-assisted screen to investigate genetic determinants of gentle touch sensation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Sponsor: Martin Chalfie.
- Boughanmi, Khaled. The dynamics of musical success. Sponsors: Asim Ansari and Rajeev Kohli.
Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- Mills, James. Indentation of multi-layered materials using spherical indentation. Sponsors: Xi Chen and Gautam Dasgupta.
- Lim, Jin Tack. The design, implementation, and evaluation of software and architectural support for nested virtualization on modern architecture. Sponsor: Jason Nieh.
- Nagam, Shravan. High performance sub-sampling phase detector based ring-oscillator PLLs. Sponsor: Peter Kinget.
- Okan, Orcun. Coping with transitions: The connected construction of Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq (1918-1928). Sponsor: Rashid Khalidi.
- Saccomano, Mark. Musical sound and spatial perception. Sponsor: Mariusz Kozak.
Neurobiology and Behavior
- Mishra, Neeli. Large-scale dynamics of internal and behavioral states in Drosophila melanogaster. Sponsor: Richard Axel.
Pharmacology and Molecular Signaling
- Quejada, Jose. In vivo characterization of Zfp106. Sponsor: Masayuki Yazawa.
- Corley, Kenneth. Detection, data analysis, and astrophysics of gravitational waves. Sponsor: Szabolcs Marka.
- Kapilevich, Inna. Spaces of servitude: Servant and master in the nineteenth century Russian novel. Sponsor: Irina Reyfman.
- Meinhart, Melissa. The role of social support among urban migrants in Jordan and Kazakhstan. Sponsor: Nabila El-Bassel.
- Erickson, David. An ethnography of bureaucratic practice in a New York State federally qualified community health center. Sponsor: Kim Hopper.
TC / Anthropology and Education
- Mayorga-Camus, Luis. Between hope and hopelessness: Citizenship education and student mobilization in a Chilean public high school. Sponsor: Nicholas Limerick.
TC / Mathematics Education
- Li, Shuhui. A comparative study of directional connections in popular U.S. and Chinese high school mathematics textbook problems. Sponsor: Alexander Karp.
- Joseph, Sophonie. Urbanisme in Ayiti: Diffusion, decentralization & disaster. Sponsor: Clara Irazábal.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Elliott, Sturtevant. Empire's stores: The architecture of conveyance and entrepôt urbanism in America, 1876-1939.
Art History and Archaeology
- Unger, Gwen. Other selves: Critical self-portraiture in Cuba during the 'Special Period in the time of Peace,' 1990-1999.
- Cassini, Francesco. Evergetism and artistic patronage in Italy, 4th - 1st Century BCE.
- Williams-King, David. Improving security through egalitarian binary transformation.
Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Chesley, Christine. Marine electromagnetic studies of the Pacific Plate and Hikurangi Margin, New Zealand.
- Al-Chanati, Motaz. Essays on education economics: Evidence from New Zealand.
- de Souza Netto, Felipe Anderson. Essays on finance.