Dissertations: November 30, 2020
- Keller, Rachael. A mathematical study of learning dynamics. Sponsor: Qiang Du.
- Qasim, Salman. In vivo electrophysiology in humans reveals neural codes for space and memory. Sponsor: Joshua Jacobs.
- Chiang, Andrew. Mechanisms underlying phenotypic diversity in autism. Sponsor: Dennis Vitkup.
- Grossman, Lisa. The transparent, concurrent, and collaborative medical record: Methods to improve patients' comprehension of health information. Sponsor: David Vawdrey.
- Chang, Oscar. Autogenerative networks. Sponsor: Itshack Pe'er.
- Koh, John. Easy encryption for email, photo, and other cloud services. Sponsor: Steven Bellovin.
Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Marzen, Rachel. The role of tectonic inheritance: Mountain-building, rifting, magmatism, and earthquakes in the southeastern United States. Sponsor: Donna Shillington.
Genetics and Development
- Hirsch, Sophia. Spatial requirements in the molecular regulation of cytokinesis. Sponsor: Julie Canman.
- Hiendl, Martin. Queer composition. Sponsor: George Lewis.
Nutritional and Metabolic Biology
- Sing, Cierra. Aging actin' up: A novel aging determinant regulates the actin cytoskeleton, nutrient sensing, and lifespan in a Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sponsor: Liza Pon.
- Vaccarino Bremner, Sabina. The reflective dimension of practical judgment: Kant, critique, and the revision of moral universals. Sponsors: Axel Honneth and Patricia Kitcher.
TC / Science Education
- Kornyo, Emmanuel. Exploring the use of artificial intelligent systems in STEM classrooms. Sponsor: Christopher Emdin.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Gurbatri, Candice. Engineered probiotics for localized immunotherapeutic delivery.
Latin American and Iberian Cultures
- García Fernández, Sara. Exhibition apparatus of living collections from taxonomy to immersion: Contribution of zoological and botanical gardens to visual culture in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Shi, Lei. On the mechanical experiments and microstructure-based time-dependent nonlinear modeling of the human cervix.
- Battaglini, Charles. Hegemony as alliances between struggles: A conceptual analysis of hegemony based on the work of Antonio Gramsci and W.E.B. Du Bois.