Read about recent achievements of GSAS students:
- Holly Fuong, PhD student in Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology, won first prize for poster contribution at the annual Northeastern Evolutionary Primatology Conference.
- Soil testing conducted in Greenpoint, Brooklyn by Franziska Landes, PhD candidate in Earth and Environmental Sciences, was cited in a Reuters article about lead poisoning in New York City.
- Zehra Mehdi, doctoral student in Religion, published two articles and one book review in the International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies.
- Tzu-Chi Ou, PhD candidate in Anthropology, was quoted in a Los Angeles Times article about mass evictions in Beijing, China.
- Sarah Pearson, PhD candidate in Astronomy, won the 2017 Women in Physics Prize from the Niehls Bohr Institute at the University of Copenhagen, in recognition of her research and public outreach efforts.
- An article by Religion PhD candidate Elizabeth Tinsley was published in the Journal of Asian Humanities at Kyushu University. She also was awarded a six-month fellowship by The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science to study works in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art related to premodern Japanese Buddhist astrology and astronomy.
Do you have news to share? Write to us at [email protected].