Dissertations: November 1, 2021
- Arumugam, Siddarth. Design and development of tools and technologies for point of care and decentralized diagnostic testing. Sponsor: Samuel Sia.
- Narasimhan, Shreya. Behavioral state dependent perceptual decision making. Sponsor: Qi Wang.
Cellular, Molecular, and Biomedical Studies
- Giangreco, Nicholas. Mind the developmental gap: Identifying adverse drug effects across childhood to evaluate biological mechanisms from growth and development. Sponsor: Nicholas Tatonetti.
- Obradovic, Aleksandar. Discovering master regulators of single-cell transcriptional states in the tumor immune microenvironment to reveal immuno-therapeutic targets and synergistic treatments. Sponsor: Andrea Califano.
- Cohen, Adrienne. Carabin is a negative regulator of CD8 T-cell-mediated anti-tumor immunity. Sponsor: David Owens.
- Tamargo, Manuel. Electromechanically and metabolically matured engineered human cardiac tissues to study autoimmune myocarditis. Sponsor: Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic.
- Sharpless, Alice. The value of luxury: Precious metal tableware in the Roman world. Sponsor: Francesco de Angelis.
- Saia, Joseph. Three essays on modeling information sets around monetary announcements. Sponsor: Matthieu Gomez.
English and Comparative Literature
- Fernandez, Matthew. Rum, Rome, and rebellion: The reform of reform in the political fiction of the Gilded Age. Sponsors: Andrew Delbanco and Austin Graham.
- Katz, Paul. Information in counterrevolution: State torture and the armed left in southern South America in the 1970s. Sponsor: Pablo Piccato.
Latin American and Iberian Cultures
- Cadena Botero, Juan. Mestizo visionary art of the Americas in the late twentieth century: Hallucinogens, politics, aesthetics and mass consumer culture in the United States, Mexico, and Colombia. Sponsor: Graciela Montaldo.
- Xia, Boxi. Soft actuation and agile soft robot. Sponsor: Hod Lipson.
Neurobiology and Behavior
- Benoit, Laura. A sensitive period in the adolescent development of thalamo-prefrontal cortex circuit function and behavior. Sponsor: Christoph Kellendonk.
Pharmacology and Molecular Signaling
- Vo, Phuc. Bacterial genome engineering with CRISPR-associated transposons. Sponsor: Samuel Sternberg.
- Han, Sam. Pro-work reforms and the economic adjustment: A case of the North Korean defector settlement support system. Sponsor: Qin Gao.
TC / Comparative and International Education
- Cardoso, Manuel. Policy evidence by design: How ILSAs influence repetition in Latin America. Sponsor: Oren Pizmony-Levy.
DISSERTATION PROPOSALS FILED
- Ettehadi, Nabil. Artificial intelligence for detection, characterization, and classification of complex visual patterns in medical imaging; applications in pulmonary and neuro-imaging.
- Lee, Stephen. Focused ultrasound neuromodulation of the peripheral nervous system: Towards applications in non-invasive pain management.
- Moy, Amanda. Leveraging electronic health record log files to measure documentation burden among clinicians in the emergency department.
- Vodrahalli, Kiran. Sparse, low-rank, and memory-bounded: Resource-efficient methods in machine learning.
English and Comparative Literature
- Anson, Patrick. Literary solutions: The applications of narrative in contemporary America.
- Hulett, Benjamin. Ecological temporality: Metamoprhosis and eclosion in 18th and 19th century American literature.
- Kim, Shanelle. The family that eats together: Consumption and the (Re) production of race in early modern English theater.
- Todd, Lilith. Tending, keeping, fomenting another: The labor and rhetoric of eighteenth-century nursing.
- Lee, Nicole. Identification of the mechanical role of non-structural ECM components in hormone-medicated cervical remodeling.
- Nicholas, Jonathan. Competition between and within memory systems in support of adaptive decisions.
- Thieu, Monica. Exploring perception and categorization of social and affective stimuli.
- Hermanson, Katrina. Intentional difference: Gender, race, and religion in 19th century separatist communities.
- Guo-Silver, Adrian. Anonymous performing subjects.